Friday 29 February 2008

The yearly Re-boot

Woah, just managed to get in something for February. As you may have told from the tumbleweed that have been passing through this space things have been rather hectic lately. Along with that has come a bit of refocusing on what I want the blog to be. Going forward it will become a bit more streamlined and focused on opinion pieces or articles on a wider range of subjects and hopefully more regularly. I will also try and link to interesting pieces around the net and have more general random posts as well. I will cut out the sections about football and daily life as they were sparodic at best and of limited appeal, this way the blog becomes an outlet for my views and interests. As for the film reviews, despite my huge backlog I do not want to back down from my pledge to review all the films I see this year, this will mean some major catch up in March but it's something I'm up for! There will be a bit of a change to the format with some smaller reviews appearing, most likely during this catch up period and also a change to my scoring. At the moment I mark out of 10 but am changing to the totally unique and not ripped off every review site ever, system of stars. It may be hackneyed but there is a reason for it, marking becomes easier and rather then being faced with the prospect of the 'perfect 10' score you have the 5 star option which rather less implies perfection, but can be used to represent those films that truly stand out. I will also update my old reviews to conform to this system so for an idea of how it will work check them out soon! So with February behind us I will hopefully get back on track in March and see you on the other side! As usual comments, suggestions and general chattery (it's a word... maybe) are appreciated and welcome. - Dave

No comments: