Sunday 30 October 2011

The November Project


You may have noticed that the blog has been rather quiet these last few weeks, well I've decided to take a bit of a different tack with it for the month of November which has taken some planning, and it's something I wanted to quickly detail here.
.
Now every November NaNoWriMo happens, that's National Novel Writing Month to you or me, a challenge for people to buckle down and get a 50,000 word book written during November. Now this isn't what I'm doing, but hearing and reading about it has inspired me to co-opt its idea for my own purposes. Instead of writing a book, I will use the basic premise to use the month of November to write a draft of a script I've been looking to put together for a while. It's been stuck in the endless planning stages for too long and I think this sort of challenge is what I need to get through this. As such I will be focused on this task for November, my plan is to write 4 pages a day, to equal a full 120 (or thereabouts) by the end of the month.
.
Now these things are easy to say and much harder to actually pull off, so I will try and focus my efforts by updating my progress on a daily basis here on the blog, so I have some accountability and record of how I am getting on as the month goes on. As such there won't be any normal film reviews during this time, but I will look to bring them back for December.
.
So until Tuesday I will continue to plan as best I can, and then see how I get on. It's the first time I've done a challenge like this but I'm looking forward to pushing myself and to see what I can achieve in this time.

No comments: